Lots of apples
This is what you do:
• Peel all the apples.
• Quarter the apples, remembering to remove the core.
• Then cut the apple pieces into wedges.
• Cover and simmer the apples over a low heat for around 10 minutes or until the apples are soft, stirring occasionally.
• Add sugar to taste.
• Then mix the breadcrumbs and sugar.
• Melt the butter in a pan, add the breadcrumbs and cook until crisp and golden.
• Lay a sheet of baking paper over a cooling rack and tip the breadcrumbs out onto it.
Leave the mixture to cool, stirring occasionally.
• Then layer the stewed apple and breadcrumbs in a bowl.
• The top layer should be breadcrumbs.
• Whipped cream and redcurrant jelly
• Chopped almonds in the breadcrumbs